CrispAds Blog Ads

Vacation Packages
Travel Flight Tickets
Insurance Liability Coverage
Finance Credit Bonds
Credit Debt Consolidation
Dartmouth College History
Stones Concert Dates
Sales Marketing Jobs
Health Education Job
Colorado Mortgage Broker
Search Now:

    Coming Soon


      Hit me with an email


Friday, August 05, 2005

Froggy Turns One

My first blogiversary is tomorrow and I must say that time flies when you are having fun. It has been fun for the most part, and I am grateful and humbled by the support shown me by my readers. This all started out as a way for me to vent about the MSM and John Kerry’s challenge to the President and the GWOT, but it has become much more than that.

I have spent my adult life in either the military or law enforcement up until about two years ago. One of the great things about those professions is that you generally have a group of other like minded and committed Teammates or Agents to collaborate and spend time with every day at work. I had enjoyed this kind of camaraderie for many years, but it comes with a cost. The cost is that when you are serving the country, your family often has to take a backseat. That has been the case from the beginnings of this nation, and it is something that will never change.

So now is the time for me to raise my children and spend time with my amazing wife. But there is a cost in that as well. The camaraderie that I have always valued and coveted is no more. That is until I started writing this blog. In it I have been reunited with dozens of Teammates and friends and colleagues from across the country. In it I have found an outlet for the only creative talent that I have. In it I have been able to express my sentiments on various topics by teaching my readers something they may not have known and also by learning from them every day. And in it, I feel that in some small way I have been able to make a difference in the lives of many people.

I certainly do not want to attribute any grandiose accomplishments to the blog, but it has been personally enriching to read many of your comments and emails. I want to thank you, the members of the Frogosphere, for your very kind words, compliments, and support over the past year. A month or two ago, I had decided that I was going to shut it down at the one year mark because I couldn’t discern a path to take the site down. I’m still not sure about the direction of this blog for the future, but for now I think I’ll keep going and see where it leads me. I hope that you will all stick around.

Froggy OUT